Sling Bow Modification

I LOVE SLINGSHOTS!

I even like shooting arrows from our “slingbows

I was never very accurate with them until now. There is no feeling in 4 fingers and both thumbs on my hands so drawing and pinching an arrow mod for a slingshot was a struggle at best, until now.

Below is a few pictures explaining my process.


  1. Remove inner strands from about 10 inches of paracord
  2. Then tightly serve a section where the arrow will snap on, about 7/8″ will be fine- I used braided bow string serving for this
  3. I placed a release aid “loop” affixed to beginning and end of the served portion
  4. Tie 2 overhand knots on the end of the paracord
  5. I peeled back the rubber tubes and slipped in the knotted end and tied them secure above the knot, ensuring that they would not pull out when drawn


With this simple solution I can now accurately shoot arrows from my modified slingbow. It is a permanent fixture to one, as I only use an archers release aid to shoot it.

The slingbow that I have modified has nearly SOLID rubber 60 pound spear gun banding on! It pulls about 45 or so pounds at my draw length.




No comments:

Post a Comment