What is my every day carry? (EDC)

A new year and once again carrying less than last year!

I have a custom leather side pouch that has a drawstring enclosure made of oilcloth made by my good friend and fellow instructor Chris Wick.

Inside this pouch I carry a very good fire kit, some cordage, and a cotton bandanna. The rest of the room is left for other possibilities, such as a camera or cell phone, ammo, or what ever I may be planning. The kit is all packed away in a small red pouch.

Here is the contents~


  • spare 4×3/8 ferro rod ~ 12ft of waxed waxed sinew
  • bic lighter in cloth mag lens bag
  • charred lamp wick
  • 12ft of #36 bankline
  • 12ft of paracord
  • a char tin with charred punk wood and cloth inside
  • mini inferno “sure fire” starters inside of the tin
  • repair needle taped to the top of the tin
  • 7x mag lens and cloth cover
  • rubber ranger band/fire extender to seal the tin
  • cotton bandanna


This leaves room for plenty extra, like a 6″x1/2 ferro rod!  cell phone, camera etc.

I usually carry either a belt knife or a simple pocket knife along with my wallet and keys. I got my inspiration from one of my favorite blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment